Micki's trip to Bali

I'm doing a foreign semester in Bali. In this Blog you can read about my adventures on the other side of the world.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Trip to Danau Batur (Lake Batur)

First of all: I was really freezing my a** off on that trip. The reason why: we were actually planning on going to Nusa Penida that day. It’s a small island east of Bali and you can go there by ferry. Long story short: we couldn’t find the ferry, it was getting late and the guys quickly created a Plan B. It was a good plan, I just wasn’t prepared for going on a volcano – preparations for Nusa Penida included a bikini and a towel. Anyway, Thomas was kind enough to let me borrow his rainbow colour towel so I could cover my shoulders and chest during the driving.

But let’s start at the beginning: with me on the trip were Holger, Thomas, Martin and Yvonne. We went all the long way up to Lake Batur (of course not without getting stopped by the police: Yvonne and I had to pay: 50,000 for both of us, good deal actually – the next cop that stops us should be prepared, cause I fell discriminated against and I’ll probably yell at them next time or totally freak out – you know I will….; you can read more about the Balinese police in my “What so special about Bali” report that will be published soon).

The trip was great. Beautiful nature. The volcano was last active in the 1960s. We had lunch at the lake and Thomas took some great pictures. It was just fun. I really enjoy hanging out with these people: no stress, just fun and nice talks. And great parties! But read about that in the party report coming up soon…. ;-)





the Gunung Batur


view above the lake


Martin and Holger


local fisher man


posing for Thomas camera


just georgous, aren't we?? ;-)


lunch break at the lake






kiss kiss, Thomas


goofing around


Yvonne, Martin and I


Yvonne and I


the motorbike gang


coffee and tea break at a rice terrace




although it has a totally different meaning here than in Germany, it's still strange to see it


Agung Batur


lunch break at the lake


just awesome


another rice terrace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home